Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Taken (2008)

Normal Tuesday night with nothing to do and not much on TV, well except this.  My mom got kinda wrapped up in it.  I was planning on watching 1900.  I've had it for awhile now but the daunting 4+ hr run-time is scaring me.  I'm sure I'll get around to it here in a few, probably not tomorrow though.  So yea, just watched this with the moms because there wasn't much else.

After reluctantly agreeing to let his 17-year-old daughter, Kim, go to France with her best friend, Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) is horrified to hear that she is kidnapped by an Albanian gang whose specialty is prostitution rings. With only 96 hours to go before he'll never find her again, Bryan rushes to France to save her. As a former CIA agent, he has all the skills necessary to rescue her - if he can only find her.

36/50 Eggs

I went into this film with low expectations after reading the review from Empire. It received a 1 star for all the wrong reasons. In a nutshell it basically said that this film was nothing more than a bloodfest, which believe me is quite far from the point of this movie. The acting is fairly well done (spy turned caring father is quite a hard role to fill), and casting Neeson was a good idea. The camera, sound and lighting are also well done.  Admittedly the film is heavy on the action end and doesn't contain enough storyline to be great, but I don't agree with Empire that it is without drama.  I was surprised by the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment