Sunday, June 19, 2011

The 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 16

Day 16 – A movie that you used to love but now hate

E.T.

I wouldn't say I hate E.T.  To be honest, I actually still kinda like it, but I do feel it is overrated.   I don't really have any movie that I used to love and now hate, except for maybe a Land Before Time or something, but I don't feel purely kids movies should be considered here.

As for E.T. there was a time, when I was in kindergarten, when I would get off school at noon, and come home, eat lunch, and watch E.T.  Pretty much every weekday for like 10 weeks straight I watched E.T.  I loved E.T.  Our dog was named Gerti after Drew Barrymore's character.  Both that and Wizard of Oz were my goto's at that age.  And I'd also like to say that I am not burnt out on it, I just grew to realize how overrated Spielberg is, and now that I am an adult have a plethora of movies to watch rather than the various VHS my parents own.  

1 comment: