Sunday, June 12, 2011

The 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 11

Day 11 – Favorite sports movie

Hoosiers

Basketball is probably my favorite sport and therefore a basketball movie will probably be my favorite movie.  That may be flawed logic but for me that's the case.  I can't say any sports movie is at the top of my favorite movies list or even top 10, but this one is close.  Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper's performances are among there best and it's a great inspirational story.  Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely watch it.    

1 comment:

  1. Tough to pick one. You already used Hoosiers and I used Rudy previously which are two of my favorites, but I'll say Raging Bull just to throw something different out there. DeNiro's greatest acting achievement in my opinion. He gained over 50 pounds I think (basically all muscle) to play the role, and did it incredibly. Great story.

    ReplyDelete