Monday, June 6, 2011

The 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 08

Day 08 – A movie that you’ve seen countless times

A Bronx Tale

So, I think the best example of this for almost anyone would be Shawshank Redemption, but since that is true I decided I'd pick my number two that may not be as expected.  I rarely go more than 3 months without watching this one and I assume it will be reviewed on the website here soon.  It's one of my dad's favorite movies and carries with it a lot of great messages, namely "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent", so early on in my life we watched it together.  Not sure if I exactly applied the message but either way I've seen the movie a lot and still greatly enjoy it.  It's pretty harsh on the F word, not Departed harsh, but maybe not meant for a 9 year old (which is what age I was when I first saw it), so be warned.  Taking that into consideration its definitely worth a watch.  Enjoy.   

1 comment:

  1. Probably Saving Private Ryan for me. Watched it a lot in my own time, and have to watch it every time it comes on TV. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete