Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 10

Day 10 – Favorite classic movie

M

Not quite sure at what year a movie becomes a classic, but I will assume that anything that came out prior to 1960 probably is.  M is among my favorite movies and was going to be my answer to "a movie I wish more people would see" but this "IS" my favorite classic.  I will have to brew a bit more for the answer to that one.  I assume that most haven't seen M, even though its like 30 something on imdb's 250, so I'll give a little synopsis.  M is a Fritz Lang creation, about a child murderer causing chaos in a bootlegger run town.  When cops increase the amount of raids in order to find the killer the organized crime business is put on stand still.  In order to get the money rolling again the bosses unite to take care of the criminal themselves.  It is an incredibly entertaining film with a surprising amount of action and suspense.  It is however in German, which isn't a problem for me but may be for you.

Two other films worth noting are 12 Angry Men, probably my second favorite classic film and the General starring Buster Keaton which is my favorite silent film.     

No comments:

Post a Comment