Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Company Men (2011)

Picked this up in the Redbox down the street to watch during the day.  I can't say I was super excited to watch it when rented it or back when I saw the trailer for it but something about it made me get it.  Really it was just that I wanted to watch a movie and for a a lot of different reasons it needed to be out of the Redbox.  So, yea watched this a few days ago and am now getting around to writing the review.

The story centers on a year in the life of three men trying to survive a round of corporate downsizing at a major company - and how that affects them, their families, and their communities.

34/50 Eggs

It ran about exactly how I expected.  I don't mean it was necessarily unoriginal or I new what was coming, only that it neither wowed or unimpressed me.  Being familiar with the out of work searching for a job feeling, I may have appreciated it a bit more than most.  Even though the movie would seem very emotional and dramatic, since were following people out of work, the scenes are never written with powerful displays of emotion.  Chris Cooper has a few scenes that required and elevated level of dramatic performance which I thought he did a good job with, but really it felt like the same old Chris Cooper role (Not a bad thing).  Ben Affleck was enjoyable to watch, which can be a rarity, so I commend him on that.  I really wouldn't recommend this as a first choice even though I gave it a 34, but if you're interested in the storyline, it won't disappoint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment