Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 09

Day 09 – The best movie soundtrack

Rushmore

So, I'm taking this to mean songs in general and not a score, or a soundtrack created solely for the movie.  Because I can, I'd like to say that I vote 2001 for Best Score and Into the Wild for soundtrack solely for the film, but overall Rushmore is my favorite.  Wes Anderson makes amazing movies, in my opinion.  In one of his commentaries, Royal Tennenbaums I think, he says that a lot of times he often creates the scene around a song rather than creating a scene and picking a song later.  I wrestled with whether I thought Darjeeling or Rushmore were better since Darjeeling is Kinks dominant and they are my favorite band, but overall  the Rushmore soundtrack is the best and is so incredibly seamless with the film.  Oh la la by the Faces is my favorite song on the soundtrack and probably my second or third favorite song of all time.  This time Tomorrow by the Kinks, which happens to be in Darjeeling is my favorite if you were wondering.  Honorable mention also goes out to Garden State which has an incredible soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment