Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Hangover Part 2 (2011)

Stayed up a little later on Wednesday night to be able to watch this.  I just watched the first one a few days ago as any who follows this blog daily would know.  My expectations are a little high but I haven't really heard much about whether it was good or not, so in a way I'm going in blind.

A few years after Las Vegas, Stu is back in love and headed to Thailand for the wedding.  The crew, accompanied by Stu's fiancee's brother, Teddy, go down to the beach for a beer and some marshmallows.  When they awake the next morning its the same ol' thing and Teddy is missing.  Now they are in Bangkok in search of Teddy, trying to deduce what happened the night before.

31/50 Eggs

What made The Hangover fun and entertaining unfortunately leads to predictability in The Hangover II.  The format for the film down to the delivery of the jokes, and the jokes themselves was very much symmetrical with the first film, which I'm assuming was done on purpose, but was an incredibly dumb idea.  The humor wasn't up to par with the first film either.  To much relied on shock humor, rather than the crude witty humor that Galifianakis was so good at in the first film.  I did enjoy the Bangkok setting as well as the addition of Chow as a major role, and the monkey, but they didn't save the movie for me.  I think if you liked the first one it is at least worth a rental.  Unfortunately, I think the Hangover bus stops here.

No comments:

Post a Comment