Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thor (2011)

To put it bluntly, I did not watch Thor in the theater.  Enough said.  I'm sure some of the beauty of Asgard was lost, however, I'll take that into account.  I figured after watching a few 1930's movies, I should probably come back to the present.  And since Thor was available I chose it over Water for Elephants.

Thor is an adaption of the marvel comic book superhero saga of the same name.  I can't say I am too familiar with the storyline portrayed in the comic book, but I'm willing to bet Hollywood had its way with her.  One can only hope that the lose ends of the marvel comic book movies can be sufficiently tied together when they finally release The Avengers.

Now onto the plot.  The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war is cast down to Earth, stripped of his powers,  and forced to live among humans as punishment.  While on Earth, Thor must realize what it takes to be a king to regain his powers and his seat on the throne.

32/50 Eggs

To be honest, going into Thor I wasn't expecting much and my score probably wouldn't be as high if that wasn't the case.  It's May aka the onslaught of cliche hokey action movies has begun, and for the past few years that means superhero movies.  Like I noted above the world of Asgard was quite pretty and added much aesthetic enjoyment to the film.  Acting from all parties was week in my opinion, especially that of Natalie Portman.  Compared to her performance in Black Swan, this was meh at best.  Granted some fault more than likely falls on the director and a superhero-based plot, but I expected more.  The combat between Loki and Thor, helped although I would have like a bit more.  I will pray that Green Lantern delivers more as I am actually fan.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment