Friday, May 13, 2011

No Strings Attached (2011)

So I went to the Redbox to get some movies for the night, and like most times I go, Redbox fails to have the one I want.  If you're curious I originally wanted to watch Blue Valentine.  All the same, I'll see it eventually. I decided to get this one instead, mainly for Natalie Portman, and the fact there wasn't much else.

No Strings Attached is a romantic comedy about a guy and girl who try to keep their relationship strictly physical.  However, it's not long before they learn that they want something more.

33/50

The plot is in one word... typical.  A romantic comedy about people trying to keep their relationship strictly physical and failing, I mean, who hasn't seen at least two of those.  I can say that while the film's creativity lacks merit its execution is quite worth mentioning.  The chemistry between Portman and Kutcher is great.  Portman finally conveys the raunchy humor seen in her Lonely Island video; which if you haven't seen, is hilarious.  Kutcher puts on his normal show of kirky humor and mello-drama.  I felt the casting for the secondary characters like Ludacris, Kevin Kline, Cary Elwes, Greta Gerwig, and the office's Mindy Kaling were a tad random.  They were funny, and I couldn't see anything wrong with them it just seem cameo-esk, if that's a word.  I'd say as long as you don't hate Aston Kutcher, like my mom does, you'll probably enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment