Monday, May 9, 2011

The Interperator (2005)

Caught this on AMC, after I had finished the chores around the house.  I think I've seen it before, but couldn't remember how it ended so I thought it'd be good to watch as I did some things on the computer.

Political intrigue and deception unfold inside the United Nations, where a US Secret Service agent is assigned to investigate an interpreter who overhears an assassination plot.

26/50 Eggs


The film appeared to be a great thriller, with some big named actors.  The big plus of the movie is Kidman. She is one of those women who actually looks better as she ages, and is a talented actress. Sean Penn is also a good actor, and both do a great job in the movie.  Unfortunately the good acting can't overcome the weak script. I felt like the story was still a 2-3 drafts short of being ready for the screen. The biggest problem was that there are plot holes you could drive a truck through. The movie dragged through most of the middle, as well, as they tried to develop the strained relationship between the principle characters.The use of the United Nations building was a big plus and definitely gave the movie more realism.  Although I probably would still recommend it as a possible watch, it would be at the bottom of a long list of suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment