Sunday, May 8, 2011

Life As We Know It (2010)

Picked this up at the Redbox to watch with my sister Friday night.  Didn't have a whole lot going on, and since I was back home for Mother's Day, I figured I'd hang out with the sis' for the night.  The plan was to throw back some PBR's and eat some peanut butter brownies, however the movie started, no brownies were made, and no beer bottles were opened.  All the same, it was a fun night.

After a lethal car crash, an incompatible pair is charged to take care of their best friends child.  While raising the child, sparks fly, and only time will tell what the future holds.

28/50 Eggs

Typical fair Rom Com with a rather original storyline.  The film delivers at a fairly average level throughout the film.  I valued the originality of the storyline but the direction was piecemeal and frivolous at times.  Duhamel is funny but never really commits to the role.  Heigl is good, but I must say I'm a bit bias against her and probably don't giver her the credit she deserves.  The chemistry between the two is believable but isn't exactly Ryan and Crystal-esk.  That's "When Harry Met Sally", for those who didn't get it.  Overall not a bad movie and definitely worth the rent, but no wow factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment