Monday, May 30, 2011

The Hangover (2009)

Probably going to go see Hangover 2 sometime soon, because my sister is in Richmond for a wedding and its memorial day weekend.  My mom hadn't seen it yet, yes I watched it with my mom, and it had been awhile for me so we saw it Friday in hopes of seeing part 2 Sunday night. (We didn't see it Sunday)

Four friends go to Vegas for a bachelor party.  When the groom goes missing, and none of them can remember the past night they must retrace their steps uncovering clues such as a tiger, a baby, a cop car, and one crazy Chinamen.

40/50 Eggs


So my typical "it's hard to rate comedies, because they're subjective" speech works here.  Hangover for people who haven't heard off it, is very much a younger generation comedy, but my mom said she enjoyed it.  So yea, whatever that means.  I'm not sure how original the plot is, but I definitely enjoyed the "retracing" path the story took.  Galifianakis is hilarious and in my opinion steals the show.  The only negative was Bradley Cooper comes off as the daddy, chaperon character of the three, while looking for Doug.  And of the three cast, he is the most calm and collected, however, at least in my opinion, his typecast is wild, carefree, ladies man.  Its a minor detail but hearing him make a timeline and say "Come on guys, lets do 'so and so' to find Doug" like 5 times just didn't seem right.  Chances are if you can handle minor crude humor you'll enjoy it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment